Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lower quality of smart shapes in Google Chrome - HTML5 output

Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I notice for some time now that the smart shapes are too crisp when the modules are viewed in Chrome. (please see the image attached)

On another hand, when using IE, all seems better. Is that a normal behavior? Any experiences?

Thank you in advance

Bobby

ie-chrome.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be the image or my eyes, but I don't see a real difference myself in the inserted image.

You write 'lower quality'  but in the text 'more cris'? What do you mean exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23-07-2018 10-39-44.png

Thank you Lieve,

The shapes in Chrome are more rough. See an augmented version of the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see a slight difference indeed. What about other browsers? IE is still there but MS promotes the newer Edge much more. I don't have IE anymore on my systems...  Hoping someone else can pop in, however Captivate has not much 'power' over the way HTML is displayed by the browsers, contrary to the historic situation where you were sure that the SWF output would look the same in any browser, because Flash Player was a guarantee (stnndardized, managed by one company). Another benefit of the HTML transition, wonder if the eLearning tool can fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lieve. We are planning a move to Chrome and I have noticed that there is a clear difference between how the smart shapes appear in IE and Chrome. I don't have much of a choice since it is a company decision, so I wanted to check if anyone had a similar experience.

It is not a show stopper but it is really surprising that the shapes do not look smooth.

Thank you once again

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to screen the results better, always use Efge, Chrome and FF to test output. It never did strike me that shapes were fuzzy in any of those browsers, but as you say, that kind of tiny differences are for me less important than the content, the structure of the eLearning and the consistency in design. Thanks for reporting, will try to keep this in mind and look closer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be picky sometimes but in this case the difference is obvious.

I cannot test with different browsers since as in many companies we have limitations but thought of sharing

Thanks again
B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue with Smartshapes (particularly circles). They look smooth as anything in Captivate, but as soon as you preview or publish with Chrome they look very crusty. We tend to replace these shapes with images instead as they appear a lot smoother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for interest sake, I decided to do a little research into what browser is most popular at present. Everyone's situation doesn't reflect the worldwide situation, however, it's interesting to see how much disparity there is between Chrome and IE. http://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share#monthly-200901-201707

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources