• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Catalina & Captivate 11.5.1.499 - NEED TO ROLLBACK TO LAST VERSION

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems many of us people who trust our software providers by performing updates quickly, have been bricked by the incompatibility between MacOS 10.15 and Captivate 11.5.1.499

We are told a patch will be released sometime (maybe December). Lovely. I can't wait. Unfortunaterly, economic reality and clients constantly demanding we do work for them... necessitates we can use the software.

PLEASE can anybody point me to some instructions that will allow me (and others in same position) to ROLLBACK to the previous version? Thanks very much for the assistance.

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a question for Apple forums, because you have to roll back the iOS to the previous version, not Captivate. BTW this is not the only application struck by the incompatibility problem. Do you also complain to Apple? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could I have USEFUL replies only. OS rollback is verging on ridiculous when I have one application which won't work.

My guess is to delete Captivate latest version

download the preferred (working) version from here https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/captivate-downloads.html

reinstall (knowing it is a demo version)

reconnect the demo to the subscription

And trying to be a wiser person, ALWAYS be sure to connect on Adobe CAPTIVATE forums before every trying to apply an update again.

Let me make one more point. Adobe CREATIVE CLOUD seeks to have permission to automatically update their apps. That seems to work on the whole and not cripple user's systems. The Captivate software is vastly inferior to the CC products and frankly, I find myself feeling resentful of the additional subscription for what feels a lot like a legacy hangover.

[If my suggested rollback solution isn't good, someone please point that out. Thx.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a little while ago in another thread Lieve, that it is a simple addition to install a code routine into an installer, to check to see if there are any incompatibilities with the OS. It's a safeguard for people such as myself who now come to expect updates to just work. We've moved on a long way in the last 20 years and it's frustrating to find myself trapped in a situation like this.

I am not interested one little bit in being an Apple Fanboi - I just want to get on with my job.

I have reason to feel frustrated. Even trying to download an older version of Captivate, filling in forms that I have filled in so may times before (why can't it see I am logged in to the page and know who I am!!), I get this error:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access [the URL blocked by this forum] "http....Captivate_2019_LS21.dmg" on this server.

Reference #18.3f451402.1573052279.4a765b7

Clunky software will only be improved when customers show just how fed up they are with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to tell that it has no sense to roll back Captivate, because older versions certainly will not work with Catalina. Only roll back of the iOS will make Captivate functional. Don't like to see screaming posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes, I understand this point. I will dig out an archaic/not updated laptop to run this software.

All of my earlier criticisms and irritations stand. In fact, I could add one other about this forum - as a new person here, it created a profile for me with an avatar of a pig. I have lots of Moslem friends who would be mortified by that (and Adobe has no idea about my religious affiliations). I already had a perfectly good avatar attached to my Adobe ID profile. I think this is a reasonable example of how Adobe fail to treat custoimers in a joined up way.

Your assumption that I am screaming is completely invalid. My dissatissfaction is rational, proportionate and utterly under control. Thanks Lieve 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources