• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac executable – error when downloaded from Google Drive

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please urgently give a solution to the ” dmgName is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the trash.” – error. Works fine on my mac but whenever I download the same dmg from google drive I get this error. please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check with Google drive? It is possible that executable files are considered to be too dangerous (same can happen with zip-files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I use Google drive, dropbox etc, I get the same error. I did a bit of research and apparently there is something wrong with the ProjectorApp(Flash) or something. Even if it is Google Drive that consider the executable to be dangerous, how can you share it with other people. Is there another way to share this with our England branch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course, I am just a Win user. But in that case, I would change the extension to a 'neutral' one and instruct the recipient to change it back to the original extension. Or use another service like WeTransfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources