Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Main Tool Bar Set-up

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

New User Issues- My toolbar set up looks wrong and I can't find a Preview button anywhere.  I want to be able to see the view with the icons automatically on a windows computer.  It is nice to be able to click preview, create text boxes and access the library and properties easily.  Can anyone assist?

Wanted View:

Current View on Windows:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Something is indeed wrong  Can you check the exact version number 10.0.1.285? 

Try to clean the Preferences. You will need Administrator rights. Close Captivate, look in the installation folder for a subfolcer 'utils' and run the CleanPreferences.... file appropriate for your OS. Try opening Captivate after that action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not in a cptx-project but in a Video Demo project, which has more limited UI! What do you see when you create a Blank Project?

I cannot really see,  but are you still in the video Preview instead of the eidtor? How did you get to this screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I opened Captivate and clicked Blank Project

Do I have the Editor? Am I in it?  How do I know??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is indeed wrong  Can you check the exact version number 10.0.1.285? 

Try to clean the Preferences. You will need Administrator rights. Close Captivate, look in the installation folder for a subfolcer 'utils' and run the CleanPreferences.... file appropriate for your OS. Try opening Captivate after that action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm!  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources