• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make alpha from to always 0 1o 100?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like there's not much point in posting questions here, but I want to do something really simple, which is set a .5 second fade-in for most new objects as they appear. In Storyline this is a simple "fade in" effect, but in Captivate all I can find is "alpha from to." This has a default setting to begin at 15% and end at %30, which I don't understand at all. Is there a way for me to make it default to begin at %0 alpha and end at %100 for one half-second? 

Or is there some other way to make new objects fade in that doesn't take so much fuss each time??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking in the wrong place.  That Alpha property is just changing the static appearance of the object.  To apply a fade in or fade out, select the object and look on the Timing tab.  The default Fade in or Out setting is usually 0.5 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More specifically, it will be at the bottom on the timing tab in a group labeled Transition.

Once you select a fade type you will be able to set the duration.

Why do you feel there is not much point posting questions here?
There are many knowledgeable folks willing to help.

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both of you - I was looking in the Timing tab but under Effects, not Transition. It's a little confusing, though, because it seems like they could conflict or overlap with each other. Can you apply both a Transition and an Effect to the same object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you can. You could have a box fade in and then two seconds later have it rotate or something. You could also have the box fade in over the course of four seconds and have it rotate in the middle of that at two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I just didn't expect a response because I posted a question weeks ago with no response (trying to figure out why a "left-to-right" animation effect creates a flash-frame of the object in its final position just before the animation starts. Any insight on that is welcome, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to reproduce this. Is this in your published file or during a preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted an answer to you question about the flash in a motion path effect. Since that time there has been a switch to a new platform, and all threads from a period of three weeks have been lost.

I used to check if any questions did not gwt any answer, a couple of times a week. The functionality of the new plateforme has no longer easy ways to do so. My apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, I'm so sorry I didn't see your earlier response! It seems to be happening with all my animation effects - a brief flash of the final size/position just before the effect starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Remember having proposed to add a fade in teansition, or use an advanced action where the effect is first applied to the hidden oblect, use the Delay command to postpone the Show object .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources