Highlighted

Make button appear only if coming from a certain slide

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project which is separated into two parts. The first one lets the user to read information about grammar, the second part is a quiz which checks the user's grammatical knowledge.

At the bottom of each quiz slide, I've added a smart shape which acts as a button. That button allows the user to go back to a certain slide of the information part which explains the grammatical feature asked in the quiz.

So for example:
Slide 50 is a Quiz question which asks the user to identify the subject of a given sentence. At the bottom of the slide, there is a "Back to the information part about subjects" button. The button is linked to Slide 22 which explains subjects. Now, on that slide, I would like to have another button which allows the user to go back to Slide 50. That button, however, only needs to appear when coming from the quiz and not when going through the entire captivate project in the right order.

How can I achieve that?

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Make button appear only if coming from a certain slide

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project which is separated into two parts. The first one lets the user to read information about grammar, the second part is a quiz which checks the user's grammatical knowledge.

At the bottom of each quiz slide, I've added a smart shape which acts as a button. That button allows the user to go back to a certain slide of the information part which explains the grammatical feature asked in the quiz.

So for example:
Slide 50 is a Quiz question which asks the user to identify the subject of a given sentence. At the bottom of the slide, there is a "Back to the information part about subjects" button. The button is linked to Slide 22 which explains subjects. Now, on that slide, I would like to have another button which allows the user to go back to Slide 50. That button, however, only needs to appear when coming from the quiz and not when going through the entire captivate project in the right order.

How can I achieve that?

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not mention the version you are using, nor the type of proejct.

Do you realize that going to a content slide and coming back to the quiz slide, the way you describe means that the answers on the quiz slide will be lockede? If you use the normal remeditaion feature that is not the case:

• Have a Next button on the content slide
  • Attach the action 'Return to Quiz' to the Next button; it will now have a double functionality: when coming from another content slide it will go to the next slide, when coming from a quiz slide it will return to the quiz slide and the learner will be able to edit the answer.

To give a direct answer to your question: create a conditional advanced or shared action triggered by the On Enter event of the content slide. Use the system variable cpInfoLastVisitedSlide to check if that was the quiz slide, and show the hidden button when te codition is fulfilles.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2019 2