• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Your Adobe Captivate Playback Start Image Not Washed Out

Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this video tutorial, I will show you how you can make your Adobe Captivate playback start image, which is shown instead of your course auto-playing, have 100% opacity instead of all washed out.

This solution comes courtesy of sabre123 from the Adobe Captivate Community forums so full credit goes to him or her. Here is the entry you will want to search for: cp.autoplayImage.style.opacity=0.7 Why do my learners have to click on a playback button anyway? Due to browser updates, modern web browsers have discontinued auto-playing media in web pages. Similarly, HTML5 and responsive courses created in Captivate will not auto-play. Autoplaying is not honoured even after enabling the option Auto Play in Preferences / Project / Start and End. https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/captivate-responsive-courses-not-autoplay-browsers.html

Paul Wilson, CTDP
TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul - I am having trouble getting this to work in IE.  Looks great in Chrome but not seeing my image in IE.  What am I missing?  It does not work even before changing "0.7" to "1".  Does the image load for Auto Play simply not work in IE?  I have had two other folks review this and they also can not see the image so I would assume it's not my version of IE that's the issue.  Thanks for any help you can give.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult for me to know. I no longer use IE as it's not all that compatible with HTML5.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately we have a client who requires IE be available.  All of our course are 508 compliant and with that our client wants some text on the "Play" button screen that tells then what to expect with multimedia aspects.  This also means they want to see a focus indicator around the Play button.  Becasue of this I think I will just make a play button with this text included.  We will just have to have the focus indicator appear around everything if that makes sense.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sounds like a plan.
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources