• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manipulate Published TOC lock/unLock from imanifest file?

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can Captivate's TOC be lock/unLocked via imanifest or other scorm files (using a "1" or "0" etc?  I wish to activate the TOC vs opening and republishing the SCO from Captivate.

Thank You

IAustin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying that you want to TOC to be open all the time instead of clicking a button to open it?

There is nothing in SCORM that will do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Currently only after a user visits a slide does that slide becomes unLocked in the TOC.  All slides are disabled/locked until the user completes that slide.  This is forced navigation.

Is there a way to enable all TOC items using the imanifest doc or any other SCORM external doc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to do that is with JavaScript if you don't want to republish the file and it must be HTML5 output.

You need to Change a variable referenced in the CPM.js after it has loaded and before the project is rendered.

You need to add this JS in the Index.html:

cpXHRJSLoader.js(lJSFiles,function()

{      

cp.model.data.tocProperties.navigateVisited = false;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TLC. Do you know if it is possible to unlock all pages within the TOC (in a locked HTML course) using an advanced action? Is it possible to set navigateVisited = false; if the course is already up and running?

We have a locked course, where the user can go down different branches to get to the end point. Once complete, we want the user to be able to skip directly (using the TOC) to pages that were never visited, currently it only lets you jump to pages you visited on the way to the end.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I've answered my own question. I didn't think this would actually work.

Just stick "cp.model.data.tocProperties.navigateVisited = false;" in the action using Execute Javascript, current window.

Nice, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this will work executing after the course is rendered. The CPM.js needs to be modified before the TOC is built.

Does it work for you doing it in an Advanced Action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, currently working by just executing it straight from an Advanced Action.

It's a shame it doesn't remember the setting though if you leave the course and then resume, but I'm setting up a variable and conditional action to overcome this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could use localStorage to persist the information or you could store it in the cmi.comments (SCORM 1.2) or cmi.comments_from_learner.n.comment (SCORM 2004)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources