Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mark a Character as Optional

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all...

Is it possible to mark a "Character" in a fluid box as "Optional"?

I have managed to mark as Optional an image successfully, but unable to do so with a Captivate character. Chees

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 12.28.19.pngHi Vince,

it is possible (see image). Are you sure, the Character is in a Fluid Box? And not unlocked or, let's say, free floating.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus...Thanks for your reply !!

The character is in a Fluid Box, just discovered that there is nothing to do with the "character", regarles what image i place on this the Fluid Box they all fail to disappear....The rest of de images in the other Fluid Boxes work pretty well and diosappear when they should....Optonal.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vince,

I think that selecting Optional for an object (i.e. image) makes only sense, when there is more that one object in a Fluid Box. Like, as far as I can tell from your screenshot, the top-right box with the gas cylinder(?) and the 'burned' hand(?). But i guess this only really works when you set the Wrap Option of that Fluid Box to Squeeze in a row.

On the other hand it looks like that your Character (given that it doesn't matter - character or image) is the only object in the big Fluid Box on the left. In this case I would choose Optional for the Fluid Box and not the object. Again, given that there is an outer Fluid Box, nesting the visible layout, which is set to Squeeze in a row.

| The rest of de images in the other Fluid Boxes work pretty well and diosappear when they should....

Well, here's a general thought. The meaning of Optional is not, that necessarily all content elements disappear when the viewport shrinks.  Some content should remain, otherwise what's good in having an empty display?

does this make any sense?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply once again !!

I think that selecting Optional for an object (i.e. image) makes only sense, when there is more that one object in a Fluid Box. Like, as far as I can tell from your screenshot, the top-right box with the gas cylinder(?) and the 'burned' hand(?). But i guess this only really works when you set the Wrap Option of that Fluid Box to Squeeze in a row.

That is correct !!

On the other hand it looks like that your Character (given that it doesn't matter - character or image) is the only object in the big Fluid Box on the left. In this case I would choose Optional for the Fluid Box and not the object. Again, given that there is an outer Fluid Box, nesting the visible layout, which is set to Squeeze in a row.

I thought the the Optional should be choose on the image as well the Fluid Box!!

Well, here's a general thought. The meaning of Optional is not, that necessarily all content elements disappear when the viewport shrinks.  Some content should remain, otherwise what's good in having an empty display?

The gas cylinder and burning hands were placed only for testing the "Option"and see how they worked!! What was most interested was in making the left "Fluid Box Character" to dissapear once the project was to be seen on a mobile phone...

does this make any sense?

Yes, it does !!

I got all sorted (for the time being) I would like to thank you once again for the help and constructive comments...Very much appreciated!!

Cheers from Australia

Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To check if the character is IN the fluid box, look at the Timeline: is the character timeline dimmed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, Thanks for your replay !!

Yes the timeline is dimmedTimeline.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources