Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Slide disappearing at the end of slide in Captivate 2017 Release

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have 37 slides using the same Master Slide, and it only happens to one slide that the content in the Master Slide disappears at the end of slide.  Every slide has Execute Advanced Actions on Exit which is to operate cpCmndPause = 1.  So, after the slide durations ends, all the contents are still displayed and waiting for user to click something to move on.

I'm running out of idea why this happens to only ONE slide..

If anyone can help me, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The On Exit action is not to be trusted, and certainly not for the use case you describe. That action is normally done after the last frame... not ON the last frame. I have written this over and over again since many years. Have a look at:

Available Events in Adobe Captivate - Captivate blog

If you want to pause each slide  AT the last frame, here is a workflow that is foolproof:

Put a shape button on the main master slide, that is invislbe to the user: no fill, no stroke. Keep the setting to pause that button. It will pause all slides at their last frame, whatever their duration. One of the tricks I mentioned in this blog post:

Easy Timeline Tweaks - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources