Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MasterSlide: Adding a "Selected State", for Mute and Subtitle on/off buttons

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

i have Problem with my Master slide. The Mute and Subtitle buttons on my navigation bar are functioning well but they do not change their state contuniously until the next click. I have a conditional If/else advanced action on them which actualy works perfectly fine in a normal slide. I guess, thats becouse i can create one extra state as "selected" in a normal slide. 

There is sadly no option for creating one extra state in a master slide, is there? 

In this case integreted states are not enough, is there any other way you know to solve this problem?

Sancak

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have answered a similar question yesterday about the unavailability of custom states for objects on master slides. Reason: you cannot change a state for sutch an object at all, since it has no ID.

If you need custom states which you have to control, replace the shape or images used as buttons on the master slide, by version on the first slide, timed for the rest of the project, always on top. Those buttons will have an ID and you can control them, change their state etc. In this interactive video you'll see the worfklow to create such a button:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/PlayPause_Scal/index.html

As for your problem with the toggle button, that will be a logical bug. Please post the advanced action. Here is a blog post about creating toggle buttons with a shared action:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/1-action-equals-5-toggle-buttons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilybiri,

Thank you for your reply. I implemented the solution of designing the Buttons in a normal slide already. But it was a long work of copy, paste and adjust... After reading your blog, i realized that captivate does not accept the buttons on master slide as Parameter. At least i get a screen like that picture that i am sharing in this post. But isn´t the master slide for applying the changes for whole project, i am a slightly new user... this was a little unexpected to me...else.pngif.pngparameter.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Mittag... but although I understand German pretty well, will continue in English.

Some buttons can 'sit' on master slides, but not when you need to address them in a simple, advanced or shared action. It is an old pain, existing since master slides where introduced with version 6.  During prerelease I remember having inisted on the possibility to have shape button (images ad buttons were not yer available) on the master slide, and with a pausinng point which is also contradictory to the master slide idea, because timeline has only sense as a layer panel, you cannot time in a master slide.

Workaround is, as I told, to have the multistate button which includes a custom state, to put it on the first slide, and time it for the rest of the project. No need to have it on each slide, don't understand why it took so long? I use guides to mark the location which I need for custom buttons. Those guides remain active on all slides and on master slides.

Newbie? Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/challenges-for-starters

I have reference documents for each of the three topics, which point to all the blogs I created about that topic. You'll find a lot about Shared actions as well on my blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilybiri,

thank you so much for your effort. Sorry german and english both are foreign languages for me, thats why sometimes i forget what i am using in which language:)

It took long because i had a lot of topic which needed to navigate in between back and fort. I needed to renavigate the buttons often. I didnt tried making a first slide which applies to the rest of the project but this is a nice tip. I am gonna use it in coming projects. I am gonna check all the Links as soon as possible. And thanks again... it was very time saving and ensuring encoutering to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did see a German version in the screenshot, hence....

One more tip: if you create Shared actions, please fill in the description of the action as well. Later on it may save you a lot of time to remember what that action was doing. It is one of the reasons why I use a shared action whenever appropriate instead of advanced actoins, because of that 'documentation' 

http://blog.lilybiri.com/shared-or-advanced-use-case-hide-slash-show-custom-navigation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources