Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matching Question Drop Down too long for published view

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings All,

Noob here...I've been working with a template created by a co-worker who does not have the same issue as I do, which is:

In a matching question, I have 8 items in the first column, and 7 in the second column:

Drop down menu A.png

The result when published in HTML 5 is this:

Drop down menu B.png

You can see that for the bottom choice, the ability to select "F" or "G" is impossible (Please note that I do understand that a user can "drag" matches as a workaround but do not wish to rely on this) and I'm puzzled as to why this exists on my computer and no one else's. I have saved the file and sent it to colleagues to preview, and the drop down will extend to show all the letter choices and work fine.

As another clue (that has lead me nowhere) to solve this, my colleague's dropdown "lines" separating the choices that I have above...very odd indeed.

I've searched from one side of the internet to the other and spend 2+ hours with Adobe Tech Support with no result.

Anyone experiencing this, or have any suggestions, I am willing to entertain them!

Thanks in advance for your time! I appreciate you reading....

Jeff

Other important info(?):

Windows 10

All Browsers up to date

Captivate 9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formatting of question slides is still a pain in Cp9.

The whole area (question, column titles and items) can be moved up in the master slide (just checked). You can increase its size.

Then you'll have to move up everything as much as possible (in the question slide itself). I'm sorry, have no other solution.

Maybe it is also necessary to change the font size of the answers as well.

Whow: long time since I did see the language of Indonesia! Jalan, Jalan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply...

I have tried all that you have suggested, but with the number of matching items on the page, moving them up still does not keep the last one from "falling off the page". It seems to be somewhat of a mystery. When I preview in browser, I get a scroll bar that will allow me to scroll down to the last choice, but if I preview HTML5 in browser, it does not have the same scroll...very odd indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, and wished the formatting of Quiz slides would become more friendly than it is at this moment. Your issue is only one of many formatting problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't be sorry! You've been very helpful, and considering that someone as well respected and knowledgeable about Cp as you are notices that there are issues, I will stop banging my head against this wall thinking I'm missing something here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm previewing matching questions in browser, matching lines becomes longer than usual, can I control the length of the line in browser

I'm using captivate 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still an issue in Captivate 2017. It's a bit ridiculous that we have to force everything up to the top of the slide to make room for the answers choices... 

I did notice that this only happens in the HTML5 output. In the SWF output, a scroll bar appears in the dropdown. That same scroll bar will appear in the HTML5 output, but ONLY if the slide contains the maximum of eight choices in the dropdown.  I have a slide that has seven choices, and the dropdown is being cut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources