• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximum correct entries for short answer question

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a maximum number of correct entries for a Short Answer question?  I have got to 8 and can't seem to add any more.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My personal opinion is that Short Answer as scored question is useless, at leas the way I understand 'short answer'.  Even a stupid typo would lead to losing the score. Not an answer to your question, never even tried to use that type. If those answers are really very short, why do you not use a Text Entry Box, which can be scored as well? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds a better idea. I don't like to use the Short Answer questions either - this seems a sensible workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You lose some features, like Review but for short answers lot less limited. I also blogged once about a custom short answer, where words are checked instead of the full answer:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-short-answer-question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources