• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximum slides in a Captivate project

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a course that consists of 11 lessons.  I originally developed it in 2008.  At that point I needed to keep the lessons in separate Captivate files otherwise the download speed was too slow.  Is this still an issue with Captivate 2019 publishing in HTML 5?   I appreciate any insights you can share. 

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was not a Captivate problem but a problem with bandwidth. Bandwidth is now much higher but if your learners also use mobile devices which are much more limited than desktop/laptop and maybe also on a lower bandwicth? HTML5 output is like a website, can become very complicated. There is no unique answer to your question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for these insights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would continue to keep them in separate project files. The trend these days is to allow the LMS to manage a curriculum for you, rather than trying to get hours of training into a single Captivate project file. Learners appreciate a more modular approach. If they have a few minutes to kill, they can complete a portion of the course rather than feel compelled to go through everything. It also addresses cognitive load in that completing many smaller modules makes it less difficult for your learners and gives them a sense of accomplishment when they complete each smaller lesson.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources