Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge with the background query

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afternoon All,

I have a query about the menu option "Merge with the background" and what does it do:

I have some areas where I would like to change the background. An example is:

Original.PNG

And would like to block out the RL. I have created a separate object that does this, see below:

Updated.PNG

I then heard about the function "Merge with the background", but when I use it the white space is being lost and it is going back to the original.

Merged.PNG

Am I doing something wrong or misinterpreted what this function does? The background itself is an image taken from a simulation and not part of the master slide.

Thinking off the top of my heard since I created the CBT I have resized it (slightly taller) and positioned the original image at the "Bottom Centre". Could it be positioning it wrong since when I try another object to merge I get (red line indicating where it should be):

RL Example.PNG

Many thanks

Phil.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Merge with background used to be very important before CP6, but now with the themes lot more limited. You were able to use it because software simulations use the Blank master slide which has no background. The background is the captured image of the software app. You already detected the probably reason, rescaling. A better workflow would be to find the Background in the Library (use right-click menu) and edit it in a graphics application. No issues with location in that case, you can blur or d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merge with background used to be very important before CP6, but now with the themes lot more limited. You were able to use it because software simulations use the Blank master slide which has no background. The background is the captured image of the software app. You already detected the probably reason, rescaling. A better workflow would be to find the Background in the Library (use right-click menu) and edit it in a graphics application. No issues with location in that case, you can blur or delete the portions that need to disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks. I had manually added images to overay parts of the image, and then came across the "Merge with Background", which hads the issues.

Gone back and looked at editing background image, and yep, much easier :).

Thanks

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moreover will spare you the frustration when you are looking again for Merge with background, and it is missing because the other master slides have background, not a captured one like in a software sim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources