• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging smaller projects into larger ones?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I am a longtime Adobe user but extremely new to Captivate. I am super excited to use this for my music curriculum, but as I am considering the scope of my projects and the possible branching scenarios among them, I have a key question: if I were, say, to devise incidental lessons for the guitar or keyboard etc, could I at a later date combine these smaller projects into one larger "master project" with interrelated branching paths/logic across the pre-existing projects? I hope that makes sense, thanks in advance!   🙂  ~Scotty Perey, The Music Compass

TOPICS
Branching

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is: It depends.

You can certainly copy and paste slides from a number of projects into one CPTX to make a larger project.  But there are some caveats.  Your projects should ideally be all at exactly the same height and width otherwise you will see very noticeable differences as you navigate from one section to another.  When you copy and paste slides into a new project all objects will be given new unique identifier names, and this may break Advanced Actions you may have set up.

These are just a few issues.  There are plenty more, especially if you are intending to deliver your modules from a Learning Management System.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that's really helpful, thanks... I think I can pretty well keep all the dimensions consistent, but the potential unlinking of Advanced Actions is exactly the kind of thing I was wondering about. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Replace the Advanced action by Shared actions, they are much easier for transfer to another project. You may have to replace the parameters, but that is all.

For a consistent design, make sure all projects use exactly the same theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources