• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Micro Navigation question

Advocate ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 'micro navigation' in my project. Each slide is a motion graphics video with narration. The client has asked that if a slide has already been seen by the user and they wish to return to that slide for review, that they don't have to watch the entire video again - they just get a static version of the slide.

I'm achieving this by setting up a 'SlidexxSeen' variable with a default of 0, then OnEnter for that slide sets the variable to 1. If they try to go back to the slide, the '1' variable causes them to redirect to a frame - the last frame of that slide.

My problem is, if the client wants me to make a change to a slide that actually changes the length of the slide, every frame number for the last frame from that slide forward is changed. This requires me to have to change the 'cpCmndGotoFrame' for every slide after the changed slide to update the new frame number.

It's only happened once, but I'm predicting that more such changes may occur. I'm hoping that there is a better way to achieve this.

I've attached an image of the Advanced Action assigned to each page's 'On Enter:'

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

You will need more thba one commands, and you are confusing frames with slides.

Go to Next Slide

Expression cpCmndGotoFrame = cpInfoCurrentFrame - 2

As I tol, you need to test, because I'm not sure that 2 is the right choice to end up on the last frame. 

For some reason, I didn't get a notifiction (mail) that you posted an answeer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always smiling when i see a word being used, which I invented in 2011. This is not an offical Adobe term.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/micro-navigation-in-adobe-captivate

You can insert a screenshot, do not like it when I have to download attachments for security reasons.

A possible workaround would be to go to the next slide and rewind 2 frames, which should be sufficient to get you to the last frame. You need to test...

http://blog.lilybiri.com/archive?query=Force+first+view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been following you for years Lieve. Where do you think I learned the term?

I always attach images whenever possible, as it gives the viewer the option to download, or not. Embedding does not offer this. For example, your avatar was sitting in my cache folder.

medium_LieveFLUIT.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to go to the next frame and rewind 2 frames. I would imagine that the expression would look like this - 

cpCmndGotoSlide = cpInfoNextSlide - 2

but there isn't a 'cpInfoNextSlide' variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need more thba one commands, and you are confusing frames with slides.

Go to Next Slide

Expression cpCmndGotoFrame = cpInfoCurrentFrame - 2

As I tol, you need to test, because I'm not sure that 2 is the right choice to end up on the last frame. 

For some reason, I didn't get a notifiction (mail) that you posted an answeer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, being that I already have it working well by jumping to a specific frame of the published project, I'd say that I have a pretty good grasp of the difference between frames and slides. At any rate, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was also astonished that you tried to use a macro navigation command to go to a frame. 

Another tip: I never use mcro-navigation to jump to a specific frame in a profect, but try to use a relative command with Expression: so many frames from the start of a slide. You will have seen that in my blogs about micro-navigation and the Replay blog as well. Frame related variables are not so exactly populated as the slide navigation varialbes, which is probably the reason the is no GotoFrame command at all. There may be a lag of 1-3 frames, hence my recommendation to test which number you need in the Expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources