Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Add Hyperlink button in Captivate 9

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm using Captivate 9 and the add link button is missing. I read a similar question to this one, but the person was able to solve the problem by closing and re-opening Captivate. I did that and it didn't work. So currently I don't have an add link button. Do you have any idea how can I get it back?

nolink.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to clean the Preferences. You need admininstrator rights. Look in the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the CleanPreferences.... file appropriate for your OS, while Captivate is closed.

You may also clean the cache.... it can have grown pretty big. That can be done from the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

This issue just popped up for me recently, although the list time I was working in CP I didn't have to edit any hyperlinks.

I tried running the CleanPreferences app as administrator, but it only flashed for a second. Doesn't seem like it did anything. Clearing cache didn't do it either.

Is there something I'm doing wrong with the ClearPreferences utility?

Thanks!

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell exactly the situatino where you don't see the hyperlinks? They are not availabel everywhere. One example is: you will not have it when  you are in a state of a multistate object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's text in a caption. I actually have a few on this particular slide - just inline links. But I can't edit the existing ones nor can I add a new one. It's like the space for the add hyperlink or edit and delete hyperlink buttons are there but the button is missing. The screenshot in the initial post is exactly what I'm seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible corruption either of the project or Captivate

If you do not have the same issue when starting a new project, it should be the project (maybe only that slide). If you have the same problem, Clean the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blast. Well I'll keep digging. Compare/contrast with other captions / objects that work. Thanks for your ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just wondering (hoping!) if you ever resolved this? I am having exactly the same issue. If I start a new blank project, its just fine. It is for me, as you show, the hyperlink icon is 'missing' from its usual spot.

TIA

Lauren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and I closed and reopened my project, and hey presto, it is back.

* sigh*

Hope that works for you tho, although im sure you tried switching it off and on again 🙂

its happening for me in another area, but i'll post a question abou that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been a while since I was in this module but I think ended up putting a transparent button on top? I couldn't get it to show up so took a different route. Glad you're sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources