• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify a click to reveal slide

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to add additional boxes to click to reveal in a slide from the assets but teh new boxes are not working, do not show the new reveal slides. Driving me crazy! Is there any documentation or a video? I have seen videos but they all remove boxes, the do not add a new box. Working with Captivate 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sighing... know what you mean. Wished there was some documentation, and that they had used shared actions instead of advanced actions. It would have been a lot easier, just finished a crash course about USING shared actions.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/who-is-afraid-of-dot-dot-dot-shared-actions-crash-course-introduction

Can you tell me which slide from which Quick Start Project you used, and which version: responsive or not? I will try to look into that slide and summarize the steps to take.  You could see on my blog that I have explored most of the asset projects.

BTW: there are never slides revealed in any ClickReveal slide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will certainly get into your blog!!!, I am a new, new, very new user and just trying to get my first real slide going!!. I chose the aspire Tab interaction 02 slide which has 4 boxes and I want 8!, as you can see I go for the easy begining......

I also tried on the discover slides the Green thimb click to reveal : five left tabs although don't need the picture but just trying a second option in case I was seeing some light.

Thank you so much for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are in for a lot of cumbersome work on the Aspire slide. Let us start with the easy part:

I suspectt you copied the shape buttons (Topic 1...) adn edited the labels in those buttons? They have 4 states: Normal, Rollover, Down, and Current. Verify if that is the case for the 4 copied buttons. (State view in Properties). Those are interactive objects,. In the Timeline you'll see that they have a green timeline, with a pausing point (vertcial thin line preceded by Pause symbol) at 1.5 seconds.

Change the name of your copied buttons, so that you can recognize them. If you continue in a consistent way, those will be C2R37_BTN_6, C2R37_BTN_7, C2R37_BTN_8, C2R37_BTN_9.

Revealing information is done using a Multistate object which is a Text caption, labeled C2R37_Content_1. Go into the State view. There is a normal state (you may clear its content) and a state for each of the topics. You need to add 4 states for your extra buttons. Label them similarly to Topic5.... Topic8.

Now the hard stuff. Each of the topic buttons triggers an advanced action. They have all to be edited, and you will have to create 4 more for your extra buttons. You may first have a look at a manual I wrote about using the Advanced Actions dialog box:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-actions-dialog-box-in-captivate-2017

Presently the advanced action has 5 commands, you'll need 9 commands:

1. Changes state of the text caption multistate object, to the one with that topci text
  2. Changes the state of the active button to Current
  3. Changes the state of all the other buttons to Normal. You will have to duplicate that command 4 extra times, to indicate the 4 remaiing buttons.

This has to be done for the exisiting actions. Then you duplicate the action, and edit it 4 times for your extra buttons.

You understand why I was sighing. To me this is rather simple, but I am recognized by the community as the 'Advanced Actions Queen' and the 'Shared Actions Empress'.  For a newbie using the assets slides is fine, as long as you don't have to change the number of interactions. Without any documentation, almost impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources