Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse continuity (starting point) lost after a video slide

Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I adjust the starting point for the mouse movement, on a slide that is NOT the first slide in the project?

I understand that generally, we shall not be doing this, and the mouse will be positioned where it last ended on a previous slide... except it's completely not working if there is a video slide in-between.

As then the mouse always starts in the top-left corner, which is super awkward.

I shall be able to position it better in a more natural position. 

How can this be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what is the purpose for that mouse object? Apparently not resulting from a software sim or Video Demo.  My first idea would be to move the video slide temporarily to another location and move it again after having finished with the mouse object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a software simulation.

The part where I was scrolling the screen is captured as a video. And in the next slide, the mouse start is moved to the top left corner, instead of starting from its last position.

Moving slides around don't help, as when I move them back to the right place, the starting place for the mouse is again in the top left corner.

previous mouse operation:

2020-07-16_14-51-36.png

scrolling:

2020-07-16_14-52-56.png

the next mouse operation has a fixed start in the top left corner - what is very awkward:

2020-07-16_14-53-35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Software simulations in Training and Assessment mode are very useful. I never use Demo mode but replace it by Video Demo. Two advantages: you get a lot better quality (switch to 32-bit) and avoid problems like you now have with the mouse object. Video Demo has a capable video editor as well, whereas the editing of FMR slides (that is your 'video' slide) is very limited and it has lower quality than the static slides. If you really insist on using that mode, try to avoid the FMR slides as much as possible. In many cases mouse movements can be replaced by clicking: on scrollbar instead of scrolling is one example.

From your initial question I couldn't detect that you were talking about FMR slides, sorry.  Maybe someone else has a suggestion, but I haven't used Demo mode since Captivate 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources