• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse path is skipping in Preview and MP4 Publish

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my 'Software Simulation,' my mouse path skips.

I've had this issue with Captivate in years past, but I am working with Captivate 2019 now and still occasionally have this issue.

Anyone have a tip for getting rid of this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using 11.0.1.266?

For Software sim in demo mode - which is what you are using - I prefer largely to use the Video Demo, because it has much better editor and quality.  Can you explain what you mean exactly by 'skips'? Maybe post screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 11.0.1.266.

I use demo mode because I can completely edit screen by screen. Our software that I'm demoing has a high potential for change, so I like the ability to edit each slide. I also add audio per slide and love the smooth moving mouse. Very polished video. I've never found a great way to edit this smoothly with Video Demo.

Example of issue: For one individual slide, the mouse begins it's path slowly, then skips most of the path and jumps to the end where the click happens. This is completely random and happens on various slides with no particular constant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You added audio to the slides, after recording? Did you leave a small gap before and after the audio timeline? Was the timeline of the mouse object changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, audio is recorded and edited in different software and imported as MP3. I then adjust highlight boxes and mouse action to sync with the audio. No audio gaps on the slides as this would fill in small blips of silence that I'm trying to avoid.

The timeline of the mouse is edited on each of my slides. Attached is a screenshot of my work area - hopefully for some reference. Does this make sense?

I think my issue is a bug with Captivate - Slides that have this issue are edited no different than slides that render perfectly. Furthermore, after closing out of Captivate, relaunching, then Publishing again - the issue affects different slides.

Captivate_Issue.PNG

And thank you for responding! Great to have some help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio clip in HTML output has to be genearted on slide enter, that is the why I recommend always to have that small gap. It avoid that Captivate shees all autdio clips to be one project audio, which will for sure ause synchronisation problems.

I know that maintaining slides is easier than for a video. The mouse object is attached in this case to the end of the slide timeline. Did you change the duration of the mouse timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use HTML Publish. I publish as video (MP4). And yes, each of my mouse actions is edited, including the duration.

It might be worth noting; I've published 25 2-4 minute videos using the same editing techniques and am just now having the issue on all of my videos now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed that you published to mp4.  Difficult to know what exactly is different now, since you tell that it worked fine before. Hoping someone else will have a suggestion.

Do you use 32-bit or 16-bit (Preferences, Recording, Video Demo but that is also used for software sims)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 32-bit. Didn't know about the Video Demo preferences, changed now to 32-bit.

Then did the following...

What I've tried:

-Uninstalling and reinstalling the software - Republished

-Moved all slides into another project - Republished

-Deleted and replaced all mice - Republished

-Changing mouse 'display' - Republished

-Identifying the affected slide - rerecord, re-add audio and new mouse - deleted old slide - Republished

None of these options work. The mouse on that slide is still skipping its path.

This is extremely frustrating. I've had this issue with older version of Captivate as well. I can't be the only one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it is a very rare question, cannot remember having seen this before and I am on the forums daily since 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I know I've been on years ago with questions and you were there to help! How fun.

I think I have an answer. It's not a quick fix but it's working (for now).

As long as I do not adjust the mouse time by dragging it on the timeline, I seem to be good.

I have to delete audio, shorten the length of the slide to the desired length of mouse movement, insert new mouse, then reimport audio without touching mouse Timing. Definitely a bug - but seems to be happening very consistently now for me. Thank you for taking the time to address this with me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspected that messing with the mouse object timeline could be the origin of the problems, remember?

Great that you found a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! You were on the right path!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last question;

As stated above, I've edited 25 videos with absolutely no issue. Now I'm having the issue every time.

Any clue as to what has changed? I plan on producing hundreds of videos with Captivate this year alone, and the workaround is very time-consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, have no idea at all. As I told before, I always use Video Demo to create passive video or interactive video, Software sims only in Training/assessment mode. 

You could contact Adobe support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources