Exit

Moving Captivate licence from one PC to a new one

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have 2 Questions

1 I have a licence installed on one olp PC and I would like to install it on a new machine ? I know that it is possible. How can I do this? What is the process?

2 concerning the compatibility of projects between 2 captivate versions are projects catured using 5.5 can be opened using captivate 6 or 7?

Thank You

Yves

TOPICS
Getting started , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

1. If you would like to move Captivate license on another system, then on the first system, Launch Captivate , go to help > deactivate, Captivate will get deactivated from first system; then install Captivate on another system and enter the serial number, it will get activated on new system (Internet should be connected while deactivationg and activating).

2.Yes Captivate 5.5 created projects can be opened in Captivate 6 or 7.

If you would like to open projects created in Captivate 5.5 in Captivate 6 or 7, then first make a back up of original Captivate 5.5 project, as project once opened in Captivate 6 or 7 will not be opened in Captivate 5.5 again.

Procedure: Launch Captivate 6 or 7, click on file> open > then browse that Captivate 5.5 project and open that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Captivate installed in my PC, I need to move it to another PC. I can de-activate the licence but I have misplaced the serial number, is there a way to retrieve it before I de-activate my current installation?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may find it under your Adobe account if you registered the license. In other case you will need to contact Adobe by phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources