• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.MP4 format videos are not working when published to SWF in Adobe Captivate 2017

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Captivate 2017 version 10.0.0.192. My Videos are in .MP4 format and is not working in IE 11.0 when published to SWF. Can anybody please tell me a workaround for the same. I have converted .MP4 videos to .FLV, .AVI, still it is not working in either google chrome latest version nor in IE 11.0 version.

The course is working fine along with the videos only when I publish in HTML5 format. I need the course should work fine when I publish it in SWF format. Since we need a single file ie SWF and the course should start on single click file.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

You are using an unauthorized version. The only version autoatized by Adobe is 10.0.1.299. Have a look at:

Changes to Adobe Captivate 2017 Download Availability and Usage - eLearning

Almost Endo f Life of Flash player, which means SWF output will not paly anomre on browsers.

Even for SWF output you need to launch the course from the companinon .htm file or you'll miss a lot of the functionaliyt. A one-file output doesnt exist within Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using an unauthorized version. The only version autoatized by Adobe is 10.0.1.299. Have a look at:

Changes to Adobe Captivate 2017 Download Availability and Usage - eLearning

Almost Endo f Life of Flash player, which means SWF output will not paly anomre on browsers.

Even for SWF output you need to launch the course from the companinon .htm file or you'll miss a lot of the functionaliyt. A one-file output doesnt exist within Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your quick turnaround:)

Did you mean to say that we are using Obsolete / Outdated version of Captivate ? if yes, we will run the latest patch/update from HELP section of Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Lilybiri means is that the version of Captivate you currently have does not have all the latest patches and you should update it immediately.  Sometimes issues are resolved quite simply that way.

When you update, make sure you also reset your Preferences afterward.  That is always recommended too.

However, if updating Captivate does not resolve your issue, then there are a couple of other possibilities that would explain what is happening:

• Your browsers may no longer have Flash Player installed or enabled.  If so, then only HTML5 is going to work.
  • You mention that you want the course, along with videos, to be in a single file.  Videos are not encapsulated inside SWF files anymore.  That was an option in Captivate many versions ago, but not anymore.  Videos are always external to the SWF now.
  • You mention that the course should start on a single click.  Not sure what you mean here.  Are you talking about the fact that Autoplay is disabled and HTML5 content now requires the learner's explicit interaction with the before playback will start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources