Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 Video cuts off at end within Adobe Captivate

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have embedded a short video (9 seconds) in to my eLearning. It is a 'Multi-slide synchronized video' that I have loaded from my computer, so it isn't being watched using a streaming service, the actual file is embedded in to the eLearning.

The very end of the video continues to get cut off. The video doesn't get cut off when I watch it using my local media player.

I have tried:

• Making the slide longer
  • Adjusting the placement of the video on the slide timeline
  • Changing the name of the file
  • Deleted and re-uploading the file

I just can't seem to fix it.

I've seen this issue around but haven't yet seen a fix. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Michelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Captivate are you using, on which OS? Please, check the full version number which you can find under Help, About Captivate.

DId you test after uploading to a webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the video to youtube and it worked great, it's definitely a captivate issue.

I found other people had experienced the same issue and never found a resolution - so I think it might be a bug.

I'm 2017 Release 10.0.0.193.

I ended up extending the video even though that wasn't ideal - it was the only way to stop Captivate from cutting it off that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try to update to 10.0.1.285?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources