• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-select knowledge check - Can you give custom feedback for partially correct submissions?

Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I have a multi-select knowledge check I'm trying to create, using Captivate 2019. Here are the requirements from the ID:

1. User selects nothing - the "You must complete..." message is displayed

2. User selects no correct answers on 1st try: first failure message displays, advising to try again

3. User selects some, but not all, correct answers on 1st try: failure message displays, advising them that they got some right answers

4. User fails the question on the 2nd try: final failure message displays and the user moves on

5. User submits the correct response: success message displays and the user moves on

It's #3 that I have no idea how to implement. Is this a standard feature for Captivate knowledge check slides? I can't seem to find such an option...

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

There is a partially correct feedback message which is doing that. However the learner will not be able to add more correct answers. For some quizzing system variables like cpQuizInfoTotalCorrectAnswers a partially correct answer is considered to be a correct answer. The score of a partially correct answer will be correct, not equal to the masimum score possible for that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a partially correct feedback message which is doing that. However the learner will not be able to add more correct answers. For some quizzing system variables like cpQuizInfoTotalCorrectAnswers a partially correct answer is considered to be a correct answer. The score of a partially correct answer will be correct, not equal to the masimum score possible for that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - this is the clarity I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources