Highlighted

Multi Slide Synchronized Video issue

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a lesson in Captivate 2017 and am having an issue with using multi slide synchronised videos.

The issue is that a still from the video on the previous slide flashes up on the beginning of the next slide before the new video begins.

I have tried this with using both options "Modify Slide duration to accommodate video" and "Distribute across slides". with the later option I set the from and to slide as the same slide number.

This doesn't happen in event videos but I need the video to pause when the audio (imported to the slide) pauses.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multi Slide Synchronized Video issue

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a lesson in Captivate 2017 and am having an issue with using multi slide synchronised videos.

The issue is that a still from the video on the previous slide flashes up on the beginning of the next slide before the new video begins.

I have tried this with using both options "Modify Slide duration to accommodate video" and "Distribute across slides". with the later option I set the from and to slide as the same slide number.

This doesn't happen in event videos but I need the video to pause when the audio (imported to the slide) pauses.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can be due to the need to load the video on enter (same as for audio). Did you try to leave a small gap before and after the video no each slide?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri.

I have tried your suggestion with no success. it seams to be an issue with fluid boxes. I've removed the fluid boxes and the issue is no longer there.

is there a way to ensure the aspect of the video remains if viewed on different sized devices (PC or Tablet) without using fluid boxes?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention in the original question that you are using a Fluid Boxes project. It is NOT possible to have multi-synchronized video in a Fluid box at all, only Event video can be used in a fluid box. One of the many limitations of fluid boxes which are - of course - never mentioned in marketing videos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group