• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Slide Synchronized Videos over multiple slides not working on mobile Safari on IPad

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multi-slide synchronized videos over multiple slides are not working as expected on mobile Safari on IPad, keeps starting from beginning of video when advancing slides, not syncing. Works totally fine on desktop though. I'm using Captivate 9. iOS is updated to 12.0.1. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Well, I reached out to Adobe by phone for help on this issue and after having to follow up with them on multiple occasions, the only answer figured out (due to investigation on my end) was to upgrade to 2019. In Captivate 9 and 2017 the multi-slide synchronized video, which works as intended on a desktop browser, simply does not work the same on the iPad using either mobile Safari or mobile Chrome. I checked it on multiple iOS versions as well, so it wasn't an iOS update that broke it, as origin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I reached out to Adobe by phone for help on this issue and after having to follow up with them on multiple occasions, the only answer figured out (due to investigation on my end) was to upgrade to 2019. In Captivate 9 and 2017 the multi-slide synchronized video, which works as intended on a desktop browser, simply does not work the same on the iPad using either mobile Safari or mobile Chrome. I checked it on multiple iOS versions as well, so it wasn't an iOS update that broke it, as originally thought by Adobe. But when using Captivate 2019, it works. So I was hoping they would have a patch for older version of Captivate, as we have a perpetual license. The feature should work as advertised on both mobile and desktop devices as it is a feature that has been around for quite a few versions now. I am disappointed with how Adobe has handled this situation so far. They clearly have this working on Captivate 2019 and know how to get it to work properly, but its supposed to work in previous versions as well, Yet the only solution they provided so far is to pay for an upgrade for a feature that is simply supposed to work many versions ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources