Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Choice Answers Not Showing

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've published a Captivate 9 module in HTML5, and everything looks OK in Captivate and when uploaded to our LMS (SumTotal) and previewed. However, some users are experiencing problems with the quiz questions in the 'live' version, as the possible answers aren't appearing. They get the background image, the question, and the A, B, C, etc. at the left, but not he answers or buttons.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so how do I correct it?

Thanks

MattHow it appears in the LMS preview. How it appears when running the live version from the LMS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which theme are you using? It looks like a custom theme, was it created in this version of Captivate or upgraded? Can you check the object styles and the master slides?

Please mention the complete version number: it should be the latest version 9.0.2.437

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lieve - thanks for the response.

My version is 9.0.0.233 - I'll get it updated as soon as possible. As for the theme, it's actually just a blank slide with a background image on it, and I haven't made any changes to the masters. I've changed the object styles for the response captions so that they use our normal font (Tahoma), but the Question Text object style is unchanged (I made it Tahoma in the Properties area).

I had this module running OK when published to SWF, but some users were being asked to download Flash. I therefore changed a few items and republished to HTML5, and again some users are fine with it but others (including me) are getting the missing answers on all quiz questions - they're all multiple choice. I have a couple of Knowledge Check matching questions in the module, but those work fine.

I've tried it in Chrome and IE but get the same response.

Thanks, Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it is a Quiz slide, it uses the Quizzing master slide, not just a blank master slide. How did you add that background image: to the Main master slide, as Project background?

You have to upgrade ASAP, that first version (you missed 3 patches) had a lot of bugs.

Both object styles and master slides are part of the used theme, I repeat my questio about upgrading a theme or originally in this 9 version?

Have a look at:

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lieve,

The Quiz Master slides are untouched - the image is just added to the slide through Media, Image, as I have a couple of different images on the quiz slides. I've requested an urgent upgrade, although due to our restrictions this has to go through our Service Desk...

I only ever start with the blank theme and have one template based on it, with the object styles, defaults etc. that I regularly use. I haven't therefore upgraded any themes.

Matt 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do never use a template (cptl), please, they cause issues since a couple of versions. You need to save the custom theme. Put the image in the quizzing master slides and merge them with the background. Normally the embedded quizzing objects have priority in the z-order (stack order) over custom objects, but it is worth trying. Do not insert such a background image on the quiz slide itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lieve is suggesting the background may be covering the text and buttons, one quick test is to remove those custom elements, republish/upload, then run it (be sure you publish to a new test name and/or clear your cache).

Do you see the same issue?

If not, then indeed your custom background may be covering things up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're you ever able to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is often the problem: users do not return to give feedback once the question is solved.

Please start a new thread and explain your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources