• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple choice - choose 3 of 6 responses

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a multiple choice slide where I want learners to indicate any three of six responses - basically as long as they check three, there are no wrong anwers. Is this possible? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not use a default MCQ question but create a custom question. Do you need to report to a LMS?  Do you want to allow the learner to change the selection of 3 after having clicked a Submit button?

There are a couple of possible workflows, could write out a step-by-step after you answered my questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Yes, this will be going on Moodle. I don't think I need learners to be able change their selection, so perhaps a custom question is better. Would appreciate a step-by-step on that, since I am new to Captivate! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have time yet to write out a solution.

Since you want to report to Moodle (which I never used myself), did you try to use a Survey question instead of a graded question? I am not sure what will be reported to Moodle and if that is sufficient.

Since you are new to Captivate, creating a custom question could be tough. If a Survey question provides you with what you need. I am not talking about the Likert type of question but about a MCQ where you change from Graded to Survey. There is no wrong answer in that case. Only disadvantage: is it a requirement that only 3 out of 6 answers are marked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exploring the possibility to use a regular Quiz slide, but in Survey mode. If I have satisfactory solution, will blog about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I decided to do it by creating buttons, and received a private message that was also helpful!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will not bother you anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources