• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple if-statements in conditional actions?

Engaged ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a single button on a slide.  Every time the user clicks it, an additional text caption should show.  My original idea was to hide all of the captions, create a variable to keep track of how many times the user has clicked the button, and when the button was clicked, check to see how many times it has already been clicked, and show the appropriate next caption.  This approach would require multiple if statements because depending on how many times the button was clicked, a different caption would be shown.

Based on my preliminary research, this was not possible in 2012.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

You cannot nest IF's, but you can perfectly realize this with multiple decisions. You don't have to nest IF's for this goal, although having a CASE function would make it easier (you could do that with JS). Here is a much simpler application, with advanced actions:

Blog after Posterous? - ClickClick - Captivate blog

Look at the ClickClick example please.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot nest IF's, but you can perfectly realize this with multiple decisions. You don't have to nest IF's for this goal, although having a CASE function would make it easier (you could do that with JS). Here is a much simpler application, with advanced actions:

Blog after Posterous? - ClickClick - Captivate blog

Look at the ClickClick example please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to apply this technique in a "real" project today.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another link to this Click Click example as it sounds exactly like what I need? I am attempting to do the same Ryan and show different text captions each time. Would love to see your solution 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry, but for the first time my blog provider seems to be down. I cannot even reach them. Maybe try again tomorrow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources