• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple language support

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create video tutorials in multiple languages.

For example: I have generated text-to-speech in English language. However, I am not able to do the same in other languages like German and French.

Is it possible in Captivate or is there any other tool to do this?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Captivate does come with a French voice (Chloe) and a Korean voice (Yumi) so that would leave you with having to purchase about half a dozen additional voices (if they are available). Check this link: VoiceText. This is the product that used to be under Neospeech and the same source for the Adobe Captivate text-to-speech. When I looked into this about five years ago, Neospeech informed me that additional speech agents are about USD 1,000 per voice. You'd be looking at $6,000 for the voices. You

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could install English speech agents and do text-to-speech conversion in Adobe Captivate 2017.

Do we get such speech agents for other language scripts as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could buy more voices from NeoSpeech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neospeech no longer exists as a company. They have been absorbed by ReadSpeaker. It's uncertain if purchasing a voice from ReadSpeaker would work with Captivate's inbuilt text to speech functionality. The next major version of Captivate might provide an alternative but that doesn't help you today.

While text to speech is very affordable it is proven to be ineffective at contributing to really good eLearning. I would recommend working with an agency that does localization professionally. Sure you will pay more but you will get a better product in return. An example of such a company would be https://www.ingenuiti.com.  

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sir, I have watched many of your Captivate videos in Youtube.

Hope this is addressed in next Captivate versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many languages do you want to support?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

German and French to start with.

Later for Spanish(Modern), Italian, Chinese(Traditional and Simplified), Korean, and Portuguese for Brazil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate does come with a French voice (Chloe) and a Korean voice (Yumi) so that would leave you with having to purchase about half a dozen additional voices (if they are available). Check this link: VoiceText. This is the product that used to be under Neospeech and the same source for the Adobe Captivate text-to-speech. When I looked into this about five years ago, Neospeech informed me that additional speech agents are about USD 1,000 per voice. You'd be looking at $6,000 for the voices. You would still need to hire a localization service to translate all the text into those languages. It's been my experience that this can be many hundreds of dollars per project per language. You might be better off hiring a full localization company to do all the work for you.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. I would explore this and decide. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wouldn't hold your breath for Adobe to work on improving this feature in future versions. Text-to-speech is considered to be very low in quality and most quality eLearning courses use proper voice talent to record their narration for them.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources