• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple projects now will not display text until I select the text box or shape

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am having an issue where when I open saved courses that I had been working on yesterday, all text is invisible until I click on the box. This is happening with all of the smart shapes and the text boxes as well.

I am using Captivate 2019 release version 11.5.1.499 on Windows 10

I am creating 3 large training courses that are all similar, but each have small changes depending on what department they are being sent to. I made one master file 2 weeks ago and have been altering that for each department since then. All have been working fine and I was in the testing phase to get them published. This morning, when I open any of the files (including older saved files from last week) all of the text is invisable in all of the projects.

The text does not appear then I preview the course. If I make the text apear by clicking on it, it will show during the preview for only the slides that I clicked on. However when save and re-open the course, the text is gone again. If I add new text boxes to the course, they are also invisible after closing and opening.

I have cleared the Cashe and reset my preferences
I  removed reporting from the course
I have reset the course back to the Captivate default theme

I changed the font from Tahoma to Ariel

A weird thing as well is that this does not appear to be happening to any of my other projects, they open without issue. However multiple, seperate files from this project are all effected. 

Any assistance is appreciated. Please let me know what I can clerify. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

This sounds like perhaps your project may be becoming corrupted.

I would suggest you copy all slides from your current project into a new blank project that is the same height and width.  Sometimes this will strip out the corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried to isolate a few specific slides and save them as their own project, however the same issue is happening. When I open the course, the text is invisable until it is clicked on. 

An interesting point is that if I preview the courses in HTLM twice, the text will appear in the preview the second time. However it is still not there after I save and re-launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like perhaps your project may be becoming corrupted.

I would suggest you copy all slides from your current project into a new blank project that is the same height and width.  Sometimes this will strip out the corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This seems to be working. 

Im still copying the different saved files into different projects, but 3 seem to have updated correctly. I know it's an probably an unanswerable question, but Im super currious to know what would have happened for this to happen to multiple different save files at the same time, or if there is anything I can do to avoid it in the future. 

You saved the day and I really appreciate your fast responce. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The usual cause of this problem is storing CPTX project files on a LAN server an accessing them directly from there (or saving direct TO the server) rather than only working on files stored on your own PC hard drive.  One tiny glitch in network traffic is all it takes to cause a problem.

Since I found out about this problem many years ago I now ONLY work on local CPTX files and just upload them to the network backup location AFTER saving and closing down Captivate.  I haven't had a corrupted project in many years because of strictly following this procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources