• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple TEB's, 1 submit - HTML5

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a page with a paragraph that has three fill-in-the-blank spaces and one submit button. The student has three tries to get the words correct. I have a multi-state object with an "X" or checkmark as feedback. After three tries, the next button appears and audio is played.

It works in the SWF output, but not HTML5. It just keeps marking all of the answers wrong, even when they're correct. However, the audio plays and the next button does appear after three tries, as intended. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

TEB-help.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

I think you better log a bug with Adobe about this.  It should work consistently across all browsers.  My guess is that Adobe's HTML5 code in some way is violating some strict interpretation of the standard that Edge (and probably IE11) have.

Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your script would be easier to understand and debug if you used more meaningful Object Names, but that's another story.

It's Ok to use the Increment action when you genuinely DO need to increment the Attempts variable after each time the user makes an attempt.  But the Assign action is a better choice when you need to make sure exactly what the variable value should be. So change your Conditional Action so that it uses the Assign action instead of Increment to change the value of each variable checking whether or not a TEB or button has Success..

In the Conditional statements, instead of Contains use the more specific operand Is Equal To.  These conditions are likely to be where your main issue is with the feedback not being correct.  Try to just have ONE condition statement first (using just one correct answer) first to make sure everything should work, then add the other possible answers.  Remember that if there are multiple correct answers then you need to set the condition up so that ANY of the conditions evaluating to True would execute the action. Don't set it so that ALL of the conditions need to be true otherwise it will never evaluate the actions because for your TEB only ONE of the answers will be correct at a time and its associated variable will only be able to have ONE value, not three.

Don't use Greater Than or Equal To in a conditional statement unless you are actually checking the value of a number that requires this.  If you are actually checking whether an interactive object has been done or not, you are essentially checking the value of a boolean variable.  So use the more explicit Is Equal To again.

Try these suggestions and see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions. I will make the changes and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestions and I am still having the same issue.

Using Is Equal To for the text boxes instead of Contains caused this to not work in either browser, so I changed it back. I made all of your other suggestions.

This works PERFECTLY in the Google Chrome browser, but does NOT work in Microsoft Edge.

TEB-help2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you testing it after uploading the content to a web server or locally from your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locally. Does it usually make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure can.  Upload to a web server or LMS and test from there.  If you don't have an LMS, use SCORM Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploaded to our web server and the problem remains - works in Chrome, not on Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you better log a bug with Adobe about this.  It should work consistently across all browsers.  My guess is that Adobe's HTML5 code in some way is violating some strict interpretation of the standard that Edge (and probably IE11) have.

Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources