Highlighted

Multiple TEBs on one slide, no validation, publish to HTML5

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Captivate 2019. I want to have 2 Text Entry Boxes on one slide, and I will publish to HTML5. There is no validation required. Text entered is assigned a variable for recall on another slide.

Trouble is I can only enter text in one box. The other box isn't active. 

Am I trying to do something that can't be done? It works fine in preview slides, but when I preview in HTML5, it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multiple TEBs on one slide, no validation, publish to HTML5

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Captivate 2019. I want to have 2 Text Entry Boxes on one slide, and I will publish to HTML5. There is no validation required. Text entered is assigned a variable for recall on another slide.

Trouble is I can only enter text in one box. The other box isn't active. 

Am I trying to do something that can't be done? It works fine in preview slides, but when I preview in HTML5, it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be possible.  Are both TEBs starting at the same point on the timeline?

Can you show us how your timeline looks?  (Insert the graphic, don't attach it.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod, thanks for replying.

Zoey2005_0-1603009053838.png

As the slide plays, the text 2 box, which is on the right hand side of the slide, has the default text highlighted. I wanted the text 1 box to be the first to have text entered, so I wanted that default text to be highlighted. 

Also, the tab function doesn't work. I wanted to have text one as the first tab, and text two the second tab.

Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to switch the stack order of theTEBs. You can do that by dragging in the Timeline panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I switched text 1 and 2 on the time line, and that fixed the problem I had w/ text 2 default text highlighted before text 1. Now they are fine. Tab function isn't working, but I wonder if that is an HTML 5 problem. It's not a deal killer, my users just won't be able to tab.

One more thing strange on this slide. When the user clicks on the next button, I have a message appearing across the screen before the slide advances. And even though it is above text 1 and text 2 on the timeline, it appears under them on the preview:

Zoey2005_0-1603010115647.png

Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Zoey2005, I've encountered that same issue. My easy fix is to hide the TEBs when showing the message, or if you are not going to request the users to input too much text, making the TEBs smaller so that they are not under the message helps as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEBs, even if they are not on top of the stack have absolute priority. If you hide the TEBs as suggested you lose the pausing points as well and the play head will continue, but that is perhaps not a problem in this particular use case.  Just wanted to point this out.

However another problem may occur if you allows the user to revisit the slide: you'll have to restore the visibility of the TEBs. You can use the On Enter action to do so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0