• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple text entry boxes with one submit button.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been trying to follow create an activity with multiple text entry boxes with one submit button. I have been studying this blog post Multiple TEB's - one Submit

and mine project looks exactly like the blog but it's producing different results. The text entry boxes need no validation and the person can put whatever they like into the TEB, they just can't leave it blank. I'm working on Captivate 9.

Any help would be appreciated.Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Post not fully ready (have issues with uploading embedded example, provided a link), but you can read the workflow:

Scrolling Text Interaction to replace Text Entry Box - Captivate blog

Still no news from moderation in portal, where embedding is lot easier. Need a different way of publishing, media insertion and CSS for both sites, hence the amount of time needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whow.... an article I wrote over 10 years ago for Captivate 4 and 5...

So much has changed since that time.

Do you,want HTML5 output? Are you on 9.0.2? I don't have that version anymlore, I am on 11.5.0.476

You cannot use the workflow in that post, since it was meant for validated TEB''s.

You will need to check if the entry is not blank. For that reason check this blog post:

Where is Null in CP2017? - Captivate blog

It was written for CP10, which means slight changes in the Advanced Actions dialog box.

What exactly do you want to happen when the Submit button is clicked:

• iif all TEB's are filled
  • if they are not (all) filled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilybri,

Thanks for replying, your blog was one of the only things relevant to what I am trying to achieve so I assumed I'd be able to achieve the same results.

I will want HTML 5 output and I am also on version 11.5.0.476.

If all TEB's are filled then it will just be simple action to show a buttton to move on to the next slide. If they are not filled then it will be an action to show a smartshape with text stating that all boxes need to be filled. I've not come across that other blog you posted so I'll check that out and see if I get a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with HTML5 output, contrary to SWF output is that it is not so easy to rewind the playhead before the pausing point of the TEB to allow another entry in the TEB.

Since you do not need validation, I would consider using Scolling Text Interaction to replace the TEB's which are interactive. Scrolling Text ineractions are static, have an associated variable, you can allow to have the learner type in textt and you wouldn't have to rewind the playhead.

I will create an example, and explain in a short post. Please have some patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks take your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this published example:

Multiple not-validated fields

I t always takes more time to write the blog than to create an example. It was done in your version, since I am still exploring it. The interactions were designed to have same height as the text containers, but they shrinked (bug?).

I used Assets: images and buttons (which are PNG's) but see some issues there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great thanks pretty much exactly what I need. How did you achieve it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Writing out the post in the eLearning community. Later on will also be on my personal blog.

However it may only be available tomorrow in the community due to moderation waiting time. I have to leave in half an hour, will no be on my personal blog today neither. (I live in Belgium - CET).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries thank you for your help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the scrolling text widgets (interactions), just not sure how you got the submit button to work with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blog ready, waiting for moderation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but apparently the staff didn't moderate the ,blogs today, and tomorrow weekend starts. I will try to transfer it as quieckly as possible to my personal blog. Maybe I shouldn't try to post in the community anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post not fully ready (have issues with uploading embedded example, provided a link), but you can read the workflow:

Scrolling Text Interaction to replace Text Entry Box - Captivate blog

Still no news from moderation in portal, where embedding is lot easier. Need a different way of publishing, media insertion and CSS for both sites, hence the amount of time needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! Thank you for your support this makes much more sense now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources