• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple text input boxes, one submit button!

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there are also a few discussions about this problem, but i think they will not cover my problem in total.

What i want to do:

I have 12 text input boxes on one slide i want, that with one button, all boxes are validated. So there should be a feedback icon for each input box. Also the answers should be forwarded to the quiz score.

Validating if the question is right or wrong and fade in the right feedback can be easy archieved through advanced actions. But how can i forward the answers to the quiz score slide with only one button?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit confusing question.

If the TEB's are validated, the score is automatically attributed to the system quizzing variables which are transferred to the LMS. If you talk about the entered text, it is stored in the associated user variables. Whether they appear in the LMS depends on the LMS functionality.

The threads you may have seen (or some of my blogs posts) were created to have one submit button for a bunch on non-validated TEB's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah if seen your threads. So basically i want to have the same functionality but with TEB validation. Is this even possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !...

I've done something which I think could help you ?

http://soutien67.fr/math/activites/compter_999999/Compter_999999_E4/index.html

For this purpose I use as many variables as answers...

The validate button validates all the answers... But I also put smartshapes to validate each answer separately (you need one global conditional action and as many others conditional for each of the answers...)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there are also not valited as quiz in Captivated? Or am I wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effectively...

You'll have to create your own quiz...  And maybe make a correspondence between your own variables and the Captivate's ones ?

(Don't know if it's possible ??...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thats the problem! I need to combine the variables, because i also use the standard quiz slides in the project.

Also don't know if this is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be possible to integrate scores by creating invisible buttons (no fill, no stroke) that get triggered by a javascript run from the Validate button action, but this gets a little more complicated. Each TEB needs an invisible button that is scored, so the internal Captivate quiz variables can be updated properly. Review would be difficult, though - not sure it would work as the regular Captivate quiz slides do.

Anyway, this worked for me before:

1. Put an invisible button on your page (somewhere a user won't accidentally click) and give it a name, such as myButton1

2. Set that button as scored and give it some points

3. In the advanced action that validates the TEB corresponding to myButton1, if the answer is correct run the following line of Javascript

cp.SubmitInteractions("myButton1", cp.QuestionStatusEnum.CORRECT, 0);

This line clicks myButton1 and should update cpQuizInfoPointsscored with the points you gave to myButton1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, that should work. But one more question, if have more than one TEB do i need to change anything in the JS to let the points count up. Atm the result slide always says 1 question right of 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your transparent buttons are reporting scores, then Captivate should be totalling points by itself. If you want to add scores together in JS you'll need to do that explicitly with something like

var totalScore = score1 + score2 + score3 .....;

Or, you can add to an existing totalScore by (for example)

totalScore = totalScore + score4;

You can also create a custom results slide, for which there are quite a few existing posts in the forum and on LIlybiri's blogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand why the scoring functionality of the TEB's itself is not used. Seems too complicated without any reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the sticking point here is that the OP wants all of the TEBs to be validated my clicking a single submit button.

If you turn on Validation for a TEB each one will need to be validated separately by its own button.  You can use Auto-Submit, but only if you set the character length of the correct answer, which is not usually all that useful.

Without Validation turned on, the TEB doesn't really become a true interactive object that can be given a score to report to the quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well, the score assigned to a TEB does not get added into a CP quiz if its own submit button is not clicked. Therefore the need for a transparent button triggered by JS to get a score into the CP quiz total. If one is happy creating a total score that is displayed on a custom results slide, but is not part of the official CP quiz, then there is no need for the extra transparent buttons and JS. If only the quiz variables were not read-only this would indeed be easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First answer told they were validated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it now, thanks so much to you all.

I know it could be done easier with the default scoring functionality of the TEB's, but i had the condition of having one submit button only for all TEB's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a lot of other users entering this thread, so will leave you to them because most of what they write would nevet be what I would answer. It is already too confusing at this momen. If the TEB is validated there is no problem with the score at all, don't understand why one of my worfklows  with an extra button has been mentioned here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more question, it all now works great but my "Go to next slide" Button won't work. i've defined them on my masterslide as smartform. On other slides all works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources