• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiplying wrong

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two text boxes in which students can put amounts and hit a calculate button for the result.  I am using the expression function with each box as a variable.  The problem is the answer generated is wrong.  It is not always off, but for the answer I need the student to get the answer is wrong.  I have a work around by adding the missing amount if the answer generated is the amount captivate keeps generating.  However, I would love to know what is really wrong.  I tried recreating the slide thinking this was just a Captivate Gremlin, but no luck.

Any help would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using, please?

Are your calculations using decimals? Have a look at these posts:

Playing with Numbers - part 1 - Captivate blog

Playing with Numbers - part 2 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 2019.  The formula does have a decimal.  It should calculate out to two decimal places.  In my work-around I have made it where the answer will display correctly; however, it is no longer displaying in two decimals. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that situation you will have to use JS to format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources