• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multitude of questions regarding 360° Videos

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experimenting extensively with the 360° functions of Adobe Captivate. During this process I noticed several things to which I would need an answer.

1. Firefox does not want to play 360° slides in the export. Is there a workaround for this, because Chrome and Edge work?

2. If I have multiple 360° video slides in the project, all videos jerk and pause after the first one, while viewing the export. With each additional video it gets worse. Since I use a localhost, it can't be because of lack of data rates. Has somebody made the same experiences?

3. Jumping forward or backward makes sure that no matter which 360° video is played next, it jerks or stalls. Has somebody made the same experiences?

4. It seems as if the smooth playback of the 360° video slides depends enormously on the respective PC, or rather its CPU and RAM. Can you confirm this?

5. Another factor is the internet speed and therefore the underlying video bitrate. Is there any experience with which export settings (Premiere) the 360° videos still look good and most of them can be loaded smoothly in the HTML export.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No answer yet, and I will disappoint you as well. To me (regular visitor of the forums) this means that the feature is not used very much yet, since no one answers.

Lot of your questions are linked with a very logical situation: 360 images and certainly videos need a lot of power. Each video needs to be loaded On Enter of the slide where it is sitting, and that can take a long time especially on lower level systems or with lower bandwidth.

Firefox: check if WebGL is enabled please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources