• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my button or click box won't action on success to show my text

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i reviewed several videos on buttons and click box i understand what i need to do, and its seems simple but when i preview, when i use click box or button it won't show my action of showing a list!

i clearly am missing something.

my steps:

-create click box (tried button too as other didn't work so both ways)

-move to actions, use dropdown box for 'on success' choosing show (as i read my item should show)

-from show dropdown i select my item

* i have attempted to remove and re-add 'continue playing the project' and 'infinite attempts' with no luck either ways

*remove success, failure and hit for click box

*others add all now to see if any works....

anyhelp be great!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the text ready on your slide? Did you click the eye icon in the Properties panel to hide it in Output?

You really need some training on interactive objects. And YouTube may not be the best place to find a video which explains interactivity in depth.

Show a screenshot of the timeline, please. Timeline is one of the most important panels in Captivate. Any interactive object (click box, button) has a pausing point by default which is visible in the Timeline.  The play head will stop its movement at that pausing point and wait for an action by the learner, in this case a click (Success event) on the object. At that moment the action (or advanced/shared action) specified under the Tab 'Actions' will be done. If you want the play head not to move on after having done this (showing the text) it is absolutely necessary to uncheck the option 'Continue Playing the Project'. The feedback messages have nothing to do with that, they are embedded and will show up in their situation (Success, Failure). Attempts are important: do you allow only one click or multiple clicks? If you have Infinite clicks you'll lose the Last Attempt action of course, but in this case that is probably no problem. Failure for an interactive object means: clicking outside of the interactive object.

More info in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

That is only one of my many blogs about the Timeline

http://blog.lilybiri.com/interactivity-in-captivate-back-to-basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources