• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My buttons have become inactive, what do I do?

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community.

I've started tweaking my E-learning, and somehow my buttons have become "inactive" (see timeline).
They no longer show their roll-over state when hovered over in preview mode, but I'm pretty sure that this inactive thing is the cause of this...But I don't know how to fix it.
This has happened to all of my buttons, and I have made a huge effort with a lot of roll-over effects, so I hope we can fix this.

Things I've tried:

-Clearing "Cleanpreferences" in the adobe folder.
-Clearing cache

Regards
Robin

ADobe_community2.png

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Please, try in the future to post images only of the problem area... zoom is not working in the forum. Even when I opened the screenshot in a new tab, everything is too fuzzy.

From what I see on the Timeline, which has color coding, there is only ONE interactive object (green timeline). From what I can see it has no pausing point... but image is too small.

Which type of buttons did you use, please? It looks like you do not use the most recent version of Captivate. That means that you have on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, try in the future to post images only of the problem area... zoom is not working in the forum. Even when I opened the screenshot in a new tab, everything is too fuzzy.

From what I see on the Timeline, which has color coding, there is only ONE interactive object (green timeline). From what I can see it has no pausing point... but image is too small.

Which type of buttons did you use, please? It looks like you do not use the most recent version of Captivate. That means that you have only 4 types: Text button, Transparent button, Image button and Shape button.

Select one of the objects that you think are buttons, and show me ONLY  the Properties panel, Actions tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Sorry I wasn't aware of that, However, it resolved itself eventually.

The project was totally corrupted. Not only did the rollover functions stop to work, even the advanced actions refused to get saved.

I will post with zoom in the future.

Regards
Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, glad it was solved. I have blogged quite a lot about the Timeline, which is a core feature of Captivate but often neglected in training. Have a look at one of those posts, which explains the color coding. Beware: in version 11.5, the code is broken for both bitmap images and SVGs used as buttons.  That is a shame...

http://blog.lilybiri.com/captivate-timelines-color-coding-and-shortcut-keys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is awesome, now i understand why svgs haven't worked for me. will check out your post, thank you so much!

regards

robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources