• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My rollover state work going down buttons, but are slow going up

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a menu in our software that I recreated in captivate. I used rollover states to create the rollover feature of our menu and it works flawlessly going down. Scrolling back up though it phases out from the last button to nothing before it loads the picture in the rollover state of the button above. This is done in HTML5. Anyone have any ideas or suggestion why this is happening?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to offer more details to get help, I'm afraid.

Which version are you using (full number please)? You talk about 'rollover state', normally that word 'Rollover' is reserved for that InBuilt state for an interactive object like a button or a shape button. Is that the case?  What do you mean by 'scrolling up' and 'scrolling down'? I am not a native English speaker. I never associate scrolling with pressing an interactive button? Maybe post some screenshots: Object State panel, timeline, stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on version 9. And yes the rollover state is in the buttons I created. I recreated (pictures to come) a menu from our software by putting invisible buttons over the menu. When I come from the top and go down button to button, the rollovers are flawless. But when I go back up from bottom to top, the fade in showing the background between shots.

one.png

two.png

three.png

coming back up...

four.jpg

five.jpg

six.jpg

There is an invisible button with a rollover on each menu choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this 9.0.2.437? There were 3 versions of 9.

Sorry to be so slow to understand. You have the menu title. When clicking on the menu you the menu rolls down how? On each of the menu options you used a shape button (or?) which has an invisible Normal state, but a blue rectangle in the Rollover state. What happens when pressed?  Did you take care of having no overlap between the buttons in all the states?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is version 9.0.0.223. We have had problems updating because of css we added for publishing our files, gets messed up when we upgrade.

you don't need to click, a shape button is over each menu item. The rollover happens because of this state.

seven.png

This gives the illusion that the menu is working. A much better illusion going down than coming back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully understand the functionality of InBuilt states. But I asked about 'overlap'. If the shape buttons are too close to each other or even overlap, that could explain the problem.  Especially for your version which was pretty buggy concerning the exact sensibility of shape buttons. I mean by sensibility: where exactly will the shape button react to a rollover or press. DId you ever try to get the same effect with a transparent button, where you can also define the three InBuilt states. What did you do with the Down state?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do not overlap, but the edges are right on top of each other.

The first four are like this: x:37 y:31 w:147 H:15 ; x:37 y:46 w:147 H:15 ;  x:37 y:61 w:147 H:13 ;  x:37 y:74 w:147 H:13 . I am pretty particular to detail so each one hits exactly to the next like the four above.

I actually did use transparent buttons, not shape objects.

I didn't use the down state except for a couple of places where the button indented when clicked in our software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK for the button type, but I fear that they are too close to each other. Combined with so many interactive objects on one slide (although they don' 'do anything) this could explain the problem.

The only way to find out is to decrease the height of the buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get there is a lot on the page, but why does it work going down, just not up? I tried pulling each button up one pixel and that did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is more of an intuition.... using an interactive object to mimick a rollover feels strange, like using a hammer for pressing a pin.

Is this meant to be used on mobile devices? If not why did you not try a rollover shape or caption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is all I have to work with, we are making simulations for testing in our elearning. Flash is dead, we cannot use it with our LMS so everything has to be HTML5 (I did it with rollover slidelets initially but that will not work as HTML5) . 

It comes out pretty cool, even with the lag going back up. It runs almost like a sandbox simulation, I am just a perfectionist and since it works going down, it does not make sense to me why it can't work going back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slidelets will not work, but if it is only for desktop/laptop the other rollovers do work in HTML output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need them to have triggers though, it is a simulation so they can be clicked as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked about that, and understood that they didn't have to be clicked. OK....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about that, some do not, because I am not recreating an entire simulation (at least at the moment) but some buttons definitely do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources