Naming of courses published in Captivate 7

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on many legacy projects generated in Cp3, which I have converted to .cptx in Cp5.5 in order to publish them as HTML5 with Cp7. Although these HTML5 courses seem to work correctly, the title displayed by our bespoke LMS is always "index SCORM" which was not the case for those built in Cp3 (as SWF) - they are titled as per the project name. The LMS requires SCORM 1.2 courses and I've tried setting the titles and identifiers in the publishing settings, but this makes no difference. Am I missing somewhere else to name the courses? (I'm hoping not to have to buy the latest version of Captivate as all these courses will be rebuilt in a new LMS package during 2021).

TOPICS
Project upgrade, Quizzing and LMS

Views

94

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure about the most recent version you use? Is it CP7 or are you talking about CP2017 which is version 10?

Only the two most recent version are 'authorized' and supported by Adobe. That means 11.5 and 10.

 

The resulting folder when publishing to HTML5 is much more complicated. Can you show the content of a published folder please?

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely Captivate 7 and not 2017 (application shows version 7.0.1.237).

I know that this is now unsupported, but we will be abandoning this old LMS shortly, so I won't get authorisation to purchase the latest version. And the issue is more of an irritation than anything else.

This is what the SCORM manifest is set to:

keiths76347318_0-1607686736030.png

and I created a pared-down example and the content looks like this (hope that's what you meant!):

keiths76347318_1-1607687369280.png

 

 

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to compare with the output in CP2019, because I did never publish to HTML in CP7, didn't even remember that it was possible at that moment. HTML output has improved a lot since that moment. This is the output folder which has two files extra:

SCORMFolder.PNG

I don't know why you want to rename the index file, it is the folder (much more complicated than with the SWF output, where the SWF file in  some cases could even be used independently) who has the name of the course. You need to upload the zip file to the LMS, and the index_SCORM file will automatically be detected and launched. Since there is no other way to have HTML output playing, why would you want to edit the index file name? It doesn't have to be unique since it is always in a zipped folder.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only wanted to show the name of the course in order to keep the LMS UX as consistent as possible.

The course name was previously displayed on the page that the student launches the course, which always seemed to make sense. Now they are all called "index SCORM". Renaming the .htm file shows the course name on the browser tab, but doesn't change the display on the page.

I had just hoped that there was an easy way to title the course again in the publishing settings.

This is what the zip file contents look like for projects built and published in Cp3:

keiths76347318_0-1607696460479.png

If it isn't simple, I'll have to make do with it as it is - it's more important to get the courses converted to HTML5.

But thanks for your help anyway.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lot of functionality is lost after the demise of SWF, not only the fact that there is no standard and each browser can lead to a different look.

You can always add the course name to the main master slide and have it on each slide. That name has to be inserted in the File, Project Info dialog box. The system variable you need to insert is cpInfoCourseName.

SWF output didn't need that static launch screen because Autoplay is disabled by browsers neither. You can also insert the course name in the Poster image which you can have in each Project. That way it will appear in the static splash screen.

It is just a completely different world.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines