Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigate Visited Slides Only option greyed out

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm at a total loss as to why the 'Navigate Visited Slides Only' option in my Captivate 2019 course is greyed out leaving me unable to interact with it. Basically if I click 'Enable Navigation' (which I want to use), the 'Navigate Visited Slides Only' option ticks and remains grey.

I've read online that this may be due to a preferences corruption but the issue has never been resolved and no one has ever offered a work around.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this mystery as its creating a massive problem.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance offered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using, please (full version number as shown under Help, About Captivate)?

Is this a non-responsive or a responsive project? Do you have quiz slides? If yes, what is the option for 'Required' field chosen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 11.0.0.243.

This is a responsive project with quiz slides. The setting 'Required' in the Preferences under Quiz > Settings is configured to 'Optional - The user can skip this quiz'. Hopefully that give you a bit more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 11.0.1.266 is the current version.  Might be good to update your install just in case that issue has been sorted already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install the patch to 11.0.1.266. Do you use Fluid Boxes? Did you allow Backwards navigation in Quiz settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri, although upgrading to the latest version didn't resolve the issue, your pointers towards the Quiz settings causing the issue led me to disable the 'Branch Aware'. This gave me control over the 'Navigate Visited Slides Only' function thus resolving the problem. Disabling this feature led to some other issues but I can live with those. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would have been my next question, but was confused because you seemed to be able to use normal navigation in the TOC.  Brach aware and Pretest slides normally disable free navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources