• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigation solution.

Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am trying to accomplish the following. The learner will be advanced to the next slide if it has not been viewed. If it has been viewed I would like to direct them elsewhere. I think I should be able to do this with AA however I don't know how to check a viewed/not viewed status.

thanks Kurt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be another way but here is one idea.

What if you made a variable such as

slide5viewed

Then have an onEnter action for slide 5 to increment that to a 1

Then - on your button that goes to slide 5 - place an advanced action that checks that variable

Basically -

if slide5viewed = 1    jump to a different slide

else go to slide 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Greg points out, you need to create a user variable for each slide for which you want to use this functionality.  It will be a Boolean, has a default value of 0 and will get a value of 1 when leaving the slide. You didn't tell how you set up the normal navigation? If you use a custom Next button, one instance on each slide, you could use that button to Assign 1 to the variable before leaving the slide. The On Enter action can then be used as described by Greg. 

I you do not have a Next button, you can combine the toggling of the variable with the check of visit.

IF var is equal to 1

Jump to slide

ELSE

Assign var with 1

Go to Next slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

I had a feeling it would involve a Boolean value. I wanted to make sure I was not missing a slightly easier approach.

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources