Highlighted

Need buttons to stay in position on top of image

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a responsive course for a pushbutton meter that has a keypad on it. I need to place buttons on top of the image of the keypad so when pressed it will trigger an action. I can't seem to figure out how to keep the buttons in place over the image when the screen size changes (responsive change). They currently float off the image when screen size changes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need buttons to stay in position on top of image

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a responsive course for a pushbutton meter that has a keypad on it. I need to place buttons on top of the image of the keypad so when pressed it will trigger an action. I can't seem to figure out how to keep the buttons in place over the image when the screen size changes (responsive change). They currently float off the image when screen size changes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you making your project using breakpoints or fluid boxes?

If you're using breakpoints, place your buttons using relative locations from the edge of the image instead of the edge of the slide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan56, Thanks for your response and please forgive me as I am just starting with Captivate, but in the 2019 version, I don't see an option to make a project specifically with breakpoints? Understood that a breakpoint is a different screen size for responsiveness. Having said that, yes, I am using fluid boxes and have the option to select breakpoints in the Layout Preview title bar. My image does not allow me to snap the position bars to the image, only the fluid box (even using Relative Position mode). If I add an image other than the .png image I am working with (like a shape), I am able to snap to the shape border. The image I want to work with, I want it to remain the same size for all breakpoints, therefore the buttons would remain static as well. I have ordered a Captivate training book. Perhaps I will need to read it before posting any more. I am finding that Captivate is not very intuitive even though I am an Adobe CC user with all their other programs and I've watched hours of tutorials so far!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right - the Captivate interface is VERY different from all other CC apps. I'm not an expert with fluid boxes, so I'll let someone with a bit more experience with them than I take over.

Reading is always good! Good luck - and keep watching this space, as there are lots of folks with words of advice on the forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a fluid boxes project you cannot have objects stacked in the same

location. Unless you use a static fluid box, but that is not always a good

solution, you lose the real fluidity.

I would never advice a newbie to start with a responsive project before

having mastered the real basics.

Default mode for responsive project is fluid boxes. You can switch to

breakpoints in the Project menu. Beware: it means lot of work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group