• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help getting Google Analytics to track each slide?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new when it comes to Captivate and I'ce created a few small projects for some training with my company. I recently added GA to them so I could at least track how many users were viewing my traning and some of the demographics associated. It was fairly simple as I just had to add the GA code directly to the "index.html" file and the training address to the GA site. It gets me the very basics of what I'm looking for.

However, there are a few limitations when it comes to tracking this way. It only records how many people view the site. The time they spend in my trainings and/or how much time on each slide isn't captured.

I did find a post of someone who looks like they've figured it out, as long as you add some addition code in there and have labels for each of your slides. I've labeled each of my slides but I'm a bit lost when it comes to the code. I'm not sure where or how to add it. Can anyone lend a hand or find a way to make this work??

Here is the post that referes to the code and tracking - https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/using-google-analytics-to-track-usage-and-exit-points-in-cp...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?