Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help Viewing A Captivate Project On A Web Page

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I am a former print technology professional who is transitioning to becoming an eLearning developer. 

I have a team project with fellow students at George Washington University I am currently working on.
We need to get a Captivate project to "play" inside a web page.

I know how to publish files from Captivate (I have a cloud subscription, so assume the latest version). I have my own hosting account, and my own domain. I have followed advice from several web articles and YouTube videos about how to link a web page to the index.html file, but all I ever get is a "web page cannot be fond" type of error.

The URL that I am using in a test web page is:
my domain is "drewcrosbylearning.com
the files are uploaded to my hosting directory called "public_html
the files are stored inside a folder named "OM_IMU_02"
the link ends in "index.html"
(See attached screen capture for a picture of my files as they are exported our of Captivate)
(I an not selecting "eLearning" while in the "publishing" dialog)

I'm new to web page composition - but I'm using Google sites so things are fairly simple.
I made page, created a text box, then linked that text box to the URL above.
Whether I use "http" or "https" doesn't matter, I have a secure certificate.
Changing the name of the index file (both the file and in the URL) doesn't matter.

The "page cannot be found" error tells me the HTML code is expecting to find a "page", but cannot. Is there something about the "index.html" file generated by Captivate that lacks page description code?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! 
TOPICS
Advanced , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like we have a couple things going on.

First - take out the public_html in your URL

Second - you do not have an index.html file in that directory.  Did you rename it?

Try this link.

https://drewcrosbylearning.com/OM_IMU_02/omimubeta01.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domains will typically automatically route to the public_html location so you do not have to include it in your address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stagprime - that worked, problem solved!

I hoped the answer might be something incredibly simple - some tidbit I just missed somewhere.

If I see you at an Adobe event I'm buying you a beer! (regular or non-alcoholic of your choice)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources