Highlighted

Need to add video clip to quiz slide when user reviews results

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been asked to add a video clip to the review of quiz questions at the completion of the quiz.  The goal is for the user to see a video showing the correct answer.  I am not clear on how I do that since it the quiz slide is not editable (at least I have not found a way) if the answer is wrong.  Do I need to create different states of the slide or is there a more direct method.  Thanks for any assistance.  

TOPICS
Advanced, Audio and video, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need to add video clip to quiz slide when user reviews results

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been asked to add a video clip to the review of quiz questions at the completion of the quiz.  The goal is for the user to see a video showing the correct answer.  I am not clear on how I do that since it the quiz slide is not editable (at least I have not found a way) if the answer is wrong.  Do I need to create different states of the slide or is there a more direct method.  Thanks for any assistance.  

TOPICS
Advanced, Audio and video, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only during Review? You will  need a shared action to be triggered On enter for the quiz slides, checking the system variable cpQuizInReviewMode.

The problem is that if you add custom objects to a quiz slide (which is perfectly editable within limits, don't know why you claim that is not possible) in the stack order they will always be below the embedded objects. I suspect you will use event video? I have described recently a workaround for popups:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/popups-on-quiz-slides

You will need a similar approach, combined with the conditional action On Enter which I mentioned. How many quiz slides? You can have event video in states of a multstate object, where the normal state is blank....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guidance and prompt reply.  This is helpful.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you figured it out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0