• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Resource Path not Updating

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We edited images in photoshop and saved them to a new folder.  Then opened Captivate (2017) selected the new resource path (can see in Cap) but the images can only be manually updated.  In the past we could update the images using the new resource path all at once.   Suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the round tripping with the PS source file, I do not understand your

work flow, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. latest v11.5.0.476

I've just completed my first project in Captivate. So many cumbersome things to improve, however, I cracked on and got a pretty decent result from it.

I'm trying to tidy the project up before I store it. Inevitably I will need to revisit and update screenshots etc as the software updates.

Unfortunately I saved it to a folder within My documents. If someone else wants to update the project assets then they do not have access to this folder.

I wanted to update the resource path to either the server location the images will live in OR to say c:\eLearning\project name so the user can copy to their local PC and the library exists at the correct location.

Updating resource does not work. Either it is so illogical to fathom out or it does not update the resource.

Adobe - please review this and get it working prompto

Cheers

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to work on a CP-file locally. A good workflow is to have the projects residing in a shared location, download it only when you need to work on it. After saving copy it back to the shared location.

Do you know about the possibility of opening external libraries? I will post a link to a post in another comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Yes, I was aware, I actually learnt about it from your blog. Your post on micro movements to a frame and shared actions was a revalation.

OK I accept I have to work locally. In the future I will use c:\elearning as the path . But for this project which will need to be updated once a year to reflect software image changes I would like to update the resource path to c:\elearning instead of my documents.

I think there is a bug such that the update resource path does not work.

I certainly do not want to delete and replace the assets one by one.

Cheers

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using OneDrive intensively, not because I am collaborating (einzelganger here) but I work on Captivate with multiple devices.

Thanks for comment on my blogs, sometimes I think I am just spending free time in the desert, so little comments on blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stumbled across your blog at the beginning of last week. I worked backwards to about page 7 reading every article. It was really really good.

If I had to criticize, it would be that I found it difficult to find things. It would be great to have a list of topics on the left and then hyperlinks to each one. At the moment I think the best way is to use the tags.

That aside, I learnt so much from the blog articles.

I've now created shared actions that check if the slide has been visited and hence if revisited skip to the end of slide audio and show a Play audio button to give the option to the user to jump to the start.

Your discussions on showing the variable values on the slides to debug was also a massive benefit. Keep up the great blog posts!

All that said. Is the Update Resource Paths button not functioning? Adobe please check it out. Try to change to a differnet path. It does not update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to use the tags as disciplined as possible. Problem with my blog is that even 10 years old articles are still read, because some information is still valid. I have no full control over the layout of my blog (use posthaven) as I have over my website. 

Just regret lack of communication with readers. Have over 1,500,000 article views at this moment, but have no idea about the usefulness of articles.

Video is a lot easier, because they only have step-by-step workflows, and no in-depth explanation, they have to be upgraded almost with every version. That is not the case with my blog posts. Look at one of the first about editing motion paths and using a custom motion effect.... still valid after 10 years. Same with variable associated with a TEB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try to find a staff member for the Update Resource Path....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, was this issue ever resolved? I have the same issue. The Update Resource Paths button is greyed out. So I couldn't even test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources