Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No one is able to veiw my Adobe Captivate files on Share point

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to share an Adobe Captivate file on sharepoint.  The file uploads without a problem and I am able to view it but no one else on my team is able to see it they get the following error:

Adobe Captivte could not open "filename" Ensure that:

File is not open already 

File is not damaged

The hard dis  has sufficient available space 

The system has sufficient resources 

User are able to open my old files just not anything new.

Thanks in Advanced 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they have the same Captivat version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's recommended that other users download the files first and then open them locally instead of directly from a shared server, especially with Sharepoint if they only have read access. Why Lilybiri is asking about versions is that files created in one version of Captivate cannot be opened in any previous versions. For example, if I create a CPTX file in Captivate 2019 11.5.1.499, others could not open that project in Captivate 2019 11.0.1.266 even though they are both copies of Captivate 2019. The reason is because newer releases introduce features that are not included in previous releases and they would not work with earlier copies of the software. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources